Thursday, November 26, 2009

Thanksgiving


This year for Thanksgiving we decided to help serve the community where Ricky & I grew up - Denmark, SC. We joined together with Denmark FBC, the Class of 1983, and other area churches to cook and serve a Thanksgiving meal for those in need.
the ladies cooking
me getting ready to pick up a hot pot
going to pour the tea into another pot
deboning the turkey
the serving line (I am on the opposite end so you can't see me, but that's my dad on the right helping this little guy choose a drink)
everyone had a job...this is my cousin, Sue, refilling the tea
our guests
After serving lunch, we went back to my Mom's house for Thanksgiving lunch. Here's my Mom doing her FAVORITE job - washing dishes (and I'm not joking)! That's my Jumoma (grandmother) in the background.
And this is what happens to everyone after dinner! Riley is enjoying her nap.
That evening we went to Ricky's parents for another Thanksgiving celebration. It was a full day (no pun intended)!

No comments:

Post a Comment